Share a talent or skill with your community and consider applying to become an instructor for the Burlington Parks and Recreation Department.
Connect to your community as well as bring in extra revenue by offering a new class or series, a one-time program or an informational session through the Burlington Parks & Recreation Department.
Classes & Programs
Programs and class often rotate seasonally. To review what specific classes are currently offered, check out the Burlington Parks & Recreation online catalog.
Types of programs offered most often fit into the following categories:
- Fitness & Dance
- Enrichment Learning
- Outdoor Education
- Toddler & Preschool Age (looking to offer more programs in this category)
Among the classroom spaces available:
- Arts & Crafts room | holds up to 18 people comfortably
- Maiben House activity center | holds up to 16 students comfortably with optional outdoor space
- Large community room | carpeted with large windows (and privacy blinds) | capacity for 150 people
- Theater style room | seats 61 people
How to Apply
Complete the New Instructor Information & Proposal Form (PDF) and return it to the Burlington Parks & Recreation office. All ideas and program proposals are welcome and encouraged.
Feel free to contact Burlington Parks & Recreation by phone or email with questions. Our Recreation Program Coordinator will review your proposal and contact you to discuss the possibilities of contracting your services. Thank you for your interest.