- Municipal Court
The Burlington Municipal Court is a designated and approved passport acceptance facility.
If you need to apply for a new U.S. passport, you can access all the forms at the Burlington Municipal Court, including renewal forms. Staff is available to answer any questions you may have.
You can also log onto the U.S. Department of State Passport website to download an application and to obtain other important information on applying for a passport.
Application Acceptance Process:
The Burlington Municipal Court is able to process passport applications by appointment only. Please call 360-755-0492 to make your appointment. If you do not have all your documents in order at the time of your appointment, you forfeit your time slot and will need to call and reschedule.
Required Items to bring with you to your passport appointment:
- Completed Application: Download, fill out and print your form at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/forms.html. Forms must not be printed double sided, they must be on two separate pages. The forms are also available in our lobby. They must be printed legibly using black ink only. If you make an error do NOT correct. You must complete a new form.
- Proof of Citizenship: Birth Certificate, Previous US Passport, Naturalization Certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad or certificate of citizenship
- Proof of Identity: Previous US Passport, Certificate of Citizenship, Naturalization Certificate, Current and valid Driver's License, or current military, government, ID
- Social Security Number: This is required by the State Department. No passports will be issued without this number
- Passport Photo: 2" X 2" Color photo taken in last 6 months, no glasses, must be white or off white background
- Application Fee: Fees are payable in Check or Money Order written to Department of State. No cash or bank cards are accepted for this fee.16 and over: Book $130 Card $30 Both $160 - Under 16: Book $100 Card $15 Both $115 - Expedite Fee: $60.00
- Execution (Acceptance) Fee: $35 per application, payable in cash, check, money order or bank card