- Municipal Court
Burlington Municipal Court
The Burlington Municipal Court is open to the public. We ask that you respect others and follow social distancing guidelines whenever possible. Wearing a mask is optional. Please do not come to court if you are experiencing illness or if you have been exposed to COVID.
Court business continues to be conducted electronically and over the phone. The hours of the Municipal Court Clerk's office are from 8:30am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:30pm.
Remote appearances are designated for certain court calendars. Please click on the video hearing link for more information on remote hearings.
You can contact the court clerk by calling 360-755-0492 or by email.
Payments can be mailed to: 311 Cedar Street Suite A, Burlington WA 98233
Bank card payments via phone: 1-877-793-8935 (toll free) or via the internet: www.burlingtonwatix.com
There is also a drop box located in the front of the Public Safety Building.
The Burlington Municipal Court is responsible for processing citations issued in violation of city ordinances and some state statutes by the Burlington Police Department. The court sets cases for arraignments, hearings, trials, or probation revocation.
Case variety includes, but is not limited to:
- Criminal traffic cases such as driving while under the influence (DUI); negligent driving first degree; driving while license suspended; first, second or third, and other criminal traffic violations.
- Criminal, non-traffic cases such as domestic violence assault, theft third, disorderly conduct, criminal trespass.
- Traffic infractions such as speeding, failure to stop at stop sign, no valid operator’s license, or no insurance.
- Other hearings held are charges such as vehicle impound, seizure hearings, or dogs at large.
- Court is held on the first, second and third Wednesday of each month.
- Scheduled jury trials are usually on the fourth Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of each month.
- Court dates may be affected by holidays.
- You can find your court date by logging onto the JIS site for Washington courts or by calling the Burlington Municipal Court at 360-755-0492.