Three out of 4 car seats are not used or installed correctly.
Washington State Car Seat Law - Effective January 1, 2020
* Children under the age of 2 must ride in a rear-facing car seat.
* Children ages 2-4 must ride in a rear-facing car seat or forward facing with a harness.
* Children age 4 and older must ride in a car seat or booster seat until they are 4 feet 9 inches tall.
* Children under age 13 must ride in he back seat (where practical to do so).
Seat Belt Readiness Test
Though not specifically written into the new law, this seat belt readiness test can help determine when your older child is ready to stop using a booster seat. Have your child sit on the vehicle seat and scoot all the way back.
* Knees bend naturally at the edge of the seat
* Feet touch the floor
* Lap belt crosses tops of thighs (not the belly)
* Shoulder belt crosses between neck and shoulder
* Child can sit that way for the entire ride
To learn more email email@example.com or visit www.safekidsnorthwest.org