Teen Volunteer Squad
WHY VOLUNTEER AT BPL?
- Get community service hours for school or special clubs and projects.
- Gain real-world skills such as leadership, professional communication, collaboration, time-management, problem-solving, and more.
- Complete an experience worthy of a resume or college application – and even get a letter of reference if you are a frequent library volunteer.
- Give back to your community in a meaningful way that supports other teens.
- Support public libraries – one of our country’s must trusted and vital institutions.
- Make friends and try something new.
HOW DO I JOIN?
- Look through the Teen Volunteer Squad Guide for ways you can contribute community service virtually! Opportunities are open to ages 12 and up.
- We have options for all types of time commitments – 30 minutes, 1 hour, and 2 hours or more!
- First, submit a library volunteer application. Then you’ll get the go-ahead from Jenny to begin.
- Contribute whatever you want, as often as you want. Rack up those hours!
- Follow the guidelines on how to submit each project. Many are just submitted by email, but others require you to fill out Google Forms.
- Don’t forget to log the hours you spend on volunteer projects. It’s your responsibility to keep track of your hours, and it’s really important to do this if you hope to request a reference letter from BPL.
- Questions about anything? Ideas for virtual community service that we haven’t thought of yet? Email Teen Librarian Jenny at email@example.com.