Equipment & Technology
Computers and Internet Access Services
- Wi-Fi available throughout library and meeting room
- 12 internet access computers in a quiet computer lab with Microsoft Office software
- Nine additional internet access computers with Windows 7 / Microsoft Office 2010
- Three children's computers - two with restricted educational internet games; one AWE ELF Early Literacy Station™ - Version 9 Bilingual Spanish Edition
- Eight library catalog computers throughout the library building
- 10 HP laptop computers for in-library use with valid ID; Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 with Mavis Beacon typing software + 6 LInux operating system laptops with open source software for word processing etc.
Visual and Hearing Assistance Technology
- Optelec CCTV (tabletop magnifier) for reading books, documents, and newspapers
- Optelec compact magnifiers (2) (hand-held devices may be checked out for a one-week loan period)
- Videophone (Dynex Led HDMI TV), ntouch PC provided by Sorenson Video Relay Service® (SVRS®)
- Hearing Loop technology available throughout library and meeting room. (Hearing Loop Instructions (PDF))
Scanning and copying services
- Printing services from public access computers is available at $0.15 per page black and white, $.50 color. There is a coin-operated photocopy machine. (Konica Minolta BizHubC360 located in Oasys copy center room)
- Fax service (staff operated) - up to 5 pages as time allows.
- Scan to email services (staff operated) - page limits within reason for file size and staff time.
- Minolta RP603Z microfilm / fiche reader printer - $0.15 per page
- New! MakerBot Replicator 3d printer
Equipment Available for Home Check Out and Use
- Energy measurement device Kill-a-Watt provided by Skagit Public Utility District (PUD) available for check out with library card
- Orion StarBlast 4.5” telescope available for check out, read more