Community & Family Resources
The Community Resource Officer serves many different functions, including but not limited to:
- Supervising Citizens on Patrol unit
- Gang Resource Officer
- Public Information Officer
- Community education and outreach
Community Education & Programs
The Community Resource Officer facilitates training and educational programs for various community groups.
The following programs are available for instruction upon request: Active Shooter
Designed for educating school employees and businesses on how law enforcement reacts and to provide ideas on how to be more prepared.
Business Program Modules
- Bank & Store Robbery | provides risk reduction and employee safety measures
- CPTED | 'Crime Prevention through Environmental Design'
- Employee Theft | for business owners, executive managers, and loss prevention personnel
- Fraud & Forgery | training on employee identification of suspicious or fraudulent activity, documents, and counterfeit currency
- Hotel - Motel | legal requirements and importance of open communication
- Shoplifting | prevention and intervention
Career in Law Enforcement
For high school-aged individuals considering the field of law enforcement as a career. Generally presented during career week at Burlington-Edison High School (B-EHS).
Designed to educate the community on gang history and trends. Also helps recognize possible gang involvement in juveniles.
Neighborhood Block Watch
Assists neighborhoods develop, implement and maintain an effective block watch program.
Provides a safety net for vulnerable adult citizens with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia that leave them prone to wander, at the same time as providing their families with peace of mind. More information.
R.A.D. | Rape Aggression Defense
A women-only risk reduction and self-defense class. More information.
Social Media & Sexting
For school-aged youth and their parents, this program provides education on the hazards of social media and the legal ramifications of transmitting inappropriate materials of a sexual nature via electronic communication.