EmailRSSFacebookTwitterCommunity Voice
Sign into My Dashboard

Go To Search
City GovernmentDepartmentsOur CommunityI Want To
Click to Home
Business Licenses
Where Do I Apply or Renew?
Please direct all new business licenses and license renewals to the State of Washington business licensing service

The City of Burlington is enhanced by a great variety of businesses located within its limits. Per Burlington Municipal Code 5.04.090, all parties engaging in any business activity shall obtain an annual business license.

Your business must be registered with the State of Washington prior to obtaining a City of Burlington business license. Contact the Department of Licensing for more information. You may call the local office in Mount Vernon at 360-416-3000 or the Olympia office at 360-664-1400.

You will need to provide your state Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number on your City of Burlington Business License Application. Please report local sales and use tax to the Department of Revenue under location code #2902 at a rate of 0.17. Sales tax within Burlington city limits is currently 8.2%. If you have any questions, please call City Hall at 360-755-0531.

Taxi Cab Information
Taxi Cab Driver Applications must be submitted annually. Taxi cab companies must submit the following information on an annual basis in order to remain in compliance:
  • Certificate of Insurance
  • List of Drivers
  • Rate Schedules
  • Washington State Police (WSP) and CoP Vehicle Inspections

Peddler Information
Peddlers licenses are valid for specific dates and peddlers must pass a background check prior to soliciting inside the city limits.

Please contact our Accounting Technician by calling 360-755-2377 for more information.
Amusement Device License
Annual licenses are also required for any person, firm, or corporation to maintain any mechanical or electronic amusement device for public patronage. Amusement device license applications must be remitted to the finance director on an annual basis.