Adult Summer Reading
How it Works:
- Pick up a Summer Reading Tracker from the Burlington Public Library or print a copy out a home here.
- Complete one challenge each week from June 21st to August 13th (8 weeks total)
- When you finish a challenge, complete (and cut out!) the corresponding ticket.
- Submit your ticket one of three ways:
- Physically (in person or through the book drop),
- Over the phone,
- On our website. (links below)
- Each ticket is an entry into the grand prize drawing (8 chances to win!)
- One winner will be drawn each week for smaller prizes and a grand prize winner will be drawn at the end of August.
Challenges: (click on the challenge to submit them online)
- Week 1: Read a book with a color in the title (Suggestions to help you complete Week 1!)
- Week 2: Submit a Grab Bag Request (Grab Bag Forms)
- Week 3: Read a book by a non-white author (Suggestions to help you complete Week 3!)
- Week 4: Use one of our online resources (Online Library)
- Week 5: Read a Biography or Memoir (Suggestions to help you complete Week 5!)
- Week 6: Read outside
- Week 7: Read a Non-Fiction Book (Suggestions to help you complete Week 7!)
- Week 8: Watch something that is based on a book (Suggestions to help you complete Week 8!)
Need more reading ideas for this summer? Try some of these!
- Washington State Book Award Winners
- History or Alternative History Books
- Books by Black Authors
- Books featuring Neuro-diverse Protagonists or Authors
- LBGTQ Protagonists or Authors
- Books Featuring Animals as the Main Characters
- Books Published in the 1920’s
- Books by an Indigenous Author
- Epistolary Books
- Books Set in the Northwest
- Books to Make you Laugh
- Scary Stories
- Also, check the Burlington Public Library Facebook page all summer long for reading suggestions.
- The Seattle Public Library has also created a number of lists that complement squares on your Bingo card.