Permit Center is OPEN, effective May 17, 2021
PERMIT CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Permit submittal, pick up and payment information: firstname.lastname@example.org 360-755-1371
Inspections may be limited and will be done on a case-by-case basis: email@example.com 360-755-0077
Building and Floodplain Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org 360-755-0077
Land Use Questions: email@example.com 360-755-9717
Fire Marshal Questions and Inspections: firstname.lastname@example.org 360-757-6684
This is the location of a number of key services offered by the City of Burlington including the following:
- One-stop Permit Center for all land use, construction, and infrastructure permits
- Public Information on zoning, subdivisions, environmental review, critical areas, and a variety of related topics ranging from new commercial and residential construction to neighborhood questions about fences, garages, and pets
- Long range planning including updating Burlington’s Comprehensive Plans and Capital Improvement Plan
- Special areas of emphasis include downtown planning and coordination with the Downtown Burlington Association and implementing the Community Connections Plan
- Burlington’s Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan, base flood elevation information, and coordination of the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Community Rating System program for Burlington
Comprehensive Plan Update
October 20, 2021 agenda - Planning Commission meeting - TELECONFERENCE
- Preliminary adoption of amendments to the public Facilities and Transportation (PFT) and Parks and Conservation (PC) zones. The proposed amendments are intended to implement the adopted changes to the Comprehensive Plan. The Planning Commission may take action to recommend preliminary approval of this item.
- Planning Commission recommendation - Parks & Conservation zones
- Full mark-up of Parks & Conservation zone
- Abbreviated comments of Parks & Conservation zone
- Planning Commission recommendation - Public Facilities & Transportation zone
- Full mark-up of Public Facilities & Transportation zone
- Abbreviated comments of Public Facilities & Transportation zone
- Discussion of proposed addition of “General Development Standards” section to the zoning code. The General Development Standards section would replace the existing “Supplemental Development Standards” section, and would include regulations addressing fences, outdoor lighting, home occupations, general setback standards, and transition zones. This item is being presented for discussion only. No final action is anticipated.
- Community Development staff will provide the Planning Commission with a progress update on the comprehensive plan update project. Discussion only.